The First Congregational Trust in partnership with the Department of Education of the church sponsors Power of One Scholarships directed toward graduating high school seniors who are members of First Congregational United Church of Christ of Rapid City, South Dakota.
To be eligible for the Power of One Scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be an active member of First Congregational United Church of Christ of Rapid City, South Dakota and attend church and Sunday school regularly, including youth activities.
- Participate in at least two programs of the church. These programs include United Church Youth, Bell Choir, Vocal Choir, The Woodchuck Society, and many other programs of the church.
- Be a good role model for younger children and youth.
- Participate in the programs of his or her school.
- Volunteer in the activities of the church,
- Volunteer in the community.
Each spring, graduating high school seniors will be invited to submit an application form to the Power of One Scholarship program. The application will include:
- A description of the applicant's involvement in the church.
- A description of the applicant's involvement in activities of his or her local school.
- A description of the activities the applicant volunteered for in the community, etc.
Scholarship application forms can be obtained by clicking on this link or by contacting the church office:
Applications will be reviewed by the scholarship committee, which will include a member of the Department of Education and a member of the First Congregational Trust. The minister of Education will serve ex officio.
The scholarship committee will make a recommendation to the Board of Directors of the First Congregational Trust. The Board will act on the recommendation of the scholarship committee, subject to the availability of funds. Funds will be disbursed upon proof of acceptance in an accredited post-secondary educational institution.
Applications are to be returned to the church office by April 15 of the year for which application is made.